Sunday, December 18, 2011

Dedicated to MY FRIENDS

Blog? What blog?
I know, I haven't posted anything in the entire month of December.  And here it is December 18.  But get ready guys, cuz this is going to be a long one...
I made a horrible mistake in my Thanksgiving blog.
I didn't mention my friends.
So, I'm going to take this opportunity to walk down memory lane (I spent 2+ hours last night browsing my external hard drive looking at old pictures) and relishing in pictures of the cute figure I had in college.

First and foremost, I'd like to introduce you to the very best.  He should be in a blog about family because that is exactly what he is.  He is part of our family.


We used to get dressed up for nights on the town.  John was my go-to date.  He was my date to my senior homecoming and prom.  We always have a blast together.  Now we both have permanent dates (love you Uncle Ben!)

Then there's Sarah Ann.  We came into each others' lives at the perfect time.  We were both seniors in high school and unsure of what would happen after that.  She had just lost her mother.  I'm a control freak that loves to mother.  We both loved to party.  Match made in heaven.

Our bond was unaffected by my move 100 miles away to Lafayette, LA  for college.  She even evacuated to my dorm once when Hurricane Ivan threatened Houma.
 (I didn't crop this photo for a reason. I love how it shows our grimy dorm room freshman year.)

 
Next I'll give a shout-out to my guhh Laur-raaar ("Lara").  She and I became close during one of the toughest times of my life, my last semester of college.  And she sure helped make that last semester fun.  She's so beautiful inside and out.  I love my little Laura!


Malori took me to the Mexican border for the first time, pre-Jacob.  I took her to a Saints game for her first time a few weeks ago.
 That crazy woman with her face painted is my mother. =)

These five ladies are special to me as well, and I don't see them very often anymore.  I have had some amazing nights (and days!) with these women.

Shawndy and Mandi
Remember this night ladies?  On the playground swings?  I love you both!

and Nikki...

and Laura Saint...


and Lindsay.

There are those friends who become part of who you are, even if you rarely see or talk to them.  Jina Lea was my first real, true best friend.  We didn't meet until the 8th grade, but I had never lived anywhere as long as I lived in Houma.  I never had a chance to form a friendship as strong as this.  Thank you, Jina, for helping me make it through high school.


Julie and I went away (only an hour-and-a-half away) to college together our freshman year.  We shared a dorm room.  Thank you Julie, for helping me make it through college.
Julie and I on the front steps of our dorm.
 

Lastly, I can't forget my friends in heaven.  Bobby Cox and Brittany Kay, I will never forget you!

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment